The District 197 community is invited to participate in an all-school book club.
Over the next few weeks, students, parents and staff are encouraged to read the classic book Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White and then come together on Thursday, March 23 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the Dodge Nature Center Farm to talk about the book and do some fun literacy activities.
This fantastic family literacy event is sponsored by the ISD 197 Educational Foundation and coordinated by Pilot Knob STEM Magnet Principal, Tom Benson. Students may check out the book from their school library or a Dakota County library (Wescott | Wentworth). The book is also available from online websites like Amazon in English and Spanish. There will even be online book club activities for families.
District 197 principals and staff are reading chapters of the book on the Pilot Knob Facebook page, www.facebook.com/pilotknobstem, at 6:30 p.m. The dates, times and guest readers are listed below. All recordings of each chapter will remain available on the Pilot Knob Facebook page in the news feed for anyone who misses a live reading.
- 3/2/17 - Chapter 1 - Tom Benson, principal of Pilot Knob STEM Magnet
- 3/6/17 - Chapter 2 - Tom Benson
- 3/8/17 - Chapter 3 - Mark Quinn, principal of Moreland Arts & Health Sciences Magnet,
- 3/9/17 - Chapter 4 - Joni Hagebock, principal of Somerset Elementary
- 3/9/17 - Chapters 4 and 5 - Tom Benson
- 3/13/17 - Chapters 6 and 7 - Tom Benson
- 3/14/17 - Chapters 8 and 9 - Joni Hagebock
- 3/15/17 - Chapters 10 and 11 - Jeffrey Oppenheim, teacher at Pilot Knob STEM Magnet
- 3/16/17 - Chapters 12 and 13 - Jeffrey Oppenheim
- 3/20/17 - Chapters 14 and 15 - Tom Benson
- 3/21/17 - Chapters 16 and 17 - Dr. Nancy Allen-Mastro, superintendent
- 3/22/17 - Chapters 18 and 19 - Jim Trebisovsky, district digital curriculum coordinator
- 3/23/17 - Chapters 20-23 - Book Club event at Dodge Nature Center Farm (6:30-7:30 p.m.)